275 g water or hydrolate of your choice
90 g grape seed oil or other
38 g Lanette emulsifying wax
15 g stearic acid
12 g pentylene glycol
3 g vitamin E
7 g essential oil
- Small kitchen scale
Small pot (water phase)
Medium saucepan (oil phase + emulsifying wax)
Small stainless steel bowl
Electric hand mixer
- Weigh the water in a small pan.
- Weigh the oil, emulsifying wax and stearic acid (oil phase) all together and put it in a separate medium saucepan.
- Weigh out the Pentylene Glycol in a small bowl, set aside.
- Weigh the vitamin E and essential oils in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring water to a temperature of about 50°C.
- Melt the emulsifying wax and stearic acid with the oil in a medium saucepan.
Be careful not to overheat. The temperature should be about 55°C.
- Remove from heat. Pour the water phase into the oil phase.
- Mix with an electric hand mixer for 1 minute.
- Add Pentylene Glycol, vitamin E andessential oil.
- Mix well for 3-4 minutes.
Be careful not to overheat the oil phase.
A temperature of 55°C will allow the wax to melt quite quickly.
Remove from the heat a little before the wax is completely melted, stir gently with the silicone spatula until the wax is completely melted.