Bar shampoo - Nettle and marshmallow
This simple recipe is perfect to get you started on how to make a shampoo bar.
small kitchen scale
Small saucepan (for bain-marie)
Small stainless steel bowl (for bain-marie)
Small stainless steel bowl (to weigh materials)
16 g Water (or hydrosol of your choice)
8 g Apple cider vinegar
23g coconut oil
14 g Nettle powder
14 g Marshmallow powder
10 g White clay
3 g essential oil of your choice
Preparation of the water bath
- Put water in the bottom of the pan
- Place the stainless steel bowl on the bain-marie
- Open the stove to medium heat
- Put on a mask (SCI is a very volatile and irritating material for the respiratory tract)
- Weigh the SCI in a small bowl and add it to the bottom of the water bath.
- Weigh the water and the vinegar. Add to water bath SCI
- Once the water, vinegar and SCI are well mixed, you can remove your mask
- Let the mixture warm for 3 to 5 minutes until the texture is creamy.
- Weigh the coconut oil. Add to mixture.
- Weigh the plants. Add to mixture.
- Weigh the essential oil (optional). Add to mixture.
- Mix well
- Using a small spoon, put the mixture into a silicone mold
- Wait 1 hour before unmolding
Use the shampoo after 24 to 48 hours of drying in the ambient air.